Sheffield city centre is home to four great cinemas 👏
- Curzon on George Street opened in January 2015. It is a Grade II listed building and was previously the home of the Sheffield Banking Company. The Curzon is a three-screen boutique cinema.
- Light Cinema on The Moor opened its doors in April 2017. It is one of 11 Light Cinemas across England and has nine screens and over 900 seats.
- ODEON Luxe on Arundel Gate. ODEON have been on Arundel Gate since March 1992. The venue was given a major overhaul and reopened as ODEON Luxe in December 2018. The ODEON has 10 screens, with the largest providing seating for over 230 people.
- Showroom Cinema on Paternoster Row is situated in the heart of the city centre's Cultural Industries Quarter. The Showroom opened as a two screen cinema in 1993. It now has four screens and hosts a wide range of events and film festivals during the year including Sheffield's very own Horror Film Festival, 'Celluloid Screams'.
Whether it's big screen blockbusters or independent films from around the world, there is something on offer for all types of film fan.
If you're searching for a gift for the movie buff in your life this Christmas, gift cards and cinema memberships can be a perfect choice. Each cinema in the city centre has their own gift card and membership schemes (to see what's on offer this year, keep reading 👀), but did you also know that the Sheffield City Centre Gift Card is accepted at three of the four city centre cinemas? That's right, the City Centre Gift Card can now be used at: the Curzon, the Light and the Showroom.
Sheffield City Centre gift cards can be bought online or they can also be purchased from Sheffield BID on Surrey Street, you will find the shop located between the Graduate pub and the entrance to the Winter Garden. Each Gift Card is valid for a period of 12 months from purchase.
The final day for guaranteed Christmas delivery by Royal Mail is Monday 19 December, but aim to order ahead to make sure that special someone isn’t disappointed by any delays to postal services.
🎞 Our pick of the best city centre film deals this Christmas - gift cards and cinema memberships 🎞
- E-Gift Cards can be purchased at £20, £30 or £50.
- There are three levels of membership - Under 25, Classic and Cult - with the Classic and Cult memberships including an option to use film credits either as cinema tickets or to stream films on Curzon Home Cinema.
- Gift cards for the Light can be loaded from £10 right through to £150 and they are available as an eGift Card or as a physical gift card. The physical gift cards can be made 'extra special' and packaged in a 'retro style film reel tin'.
- Both six month and 12-month memberships can be purchased for use at the Light. Visit the Light website for full details.
- Gift Cards can be purchased as an e-gift card or as a physical gift card and can be loaded with as little as £5. They can be ordered online, bought from the ODEON Luxe cinema on Arundel Gate or from a wide range of the ODEON's retail partners including: Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Co-Op, WH Smith, Asda, Boots, Wilko, Clintons and more.
- ODEON's myLIMITLESS membership is described as the 'ultimate film companion'. The recipient can see as many films as they would like as well as enjoying other exclusive member benefits.
- Showroom gift vouchers can be purchased online or from the Box Office and are available at £5, £10 and £20. All vouchers can be exchanged for cinema and event tickets, kiosk items as well as food and drink in the café bar. Better still, Showroom gift vouchers are valid for 24 months from the date of purchase. You can choose to have the voucher posted to you or collect from the cinema.
- A Showroom Cinema membership makes the perfect gift for the independent film fan. When gifting a Showroom Cinema membership you pay for a membership pack to be sent to someone else – they will receive a package with a sign up form which they'll take in to the cinema to get their free tickets. Contact the Showroom's Box Office team to arrange this by email or by phone (0114) 275 7727.