With new government guidelines allowing cinemas to reopen from July 4th, here's when your favourite local cinema will reopen, and the precautions and changes you can expect on your next visit.
Sheffield's Odeon Luxe cinema will be reopening from 16th July with tickets available to purchase now. New safety procedures include:
- Limited attendance per screening, with guaranteed unoccupied seats between parties to meet social distancing requirements.
- Staggered viewing times to reduce queues. Queues will feature floor markings and cinema host support.
- Buying: Online booking encouraged. Cash no longer accepted and contactless limit increased.
- As well as hand sanitising stations, frequent and thorough cleaning will be conducted throughout the cinema
- All cinema teams have been trained on the new safety and hygiene measures and will be wearing PPE.
The Light Cinema
Fans of The Light Cinema on the Moor will have to wait until August to enjoy a film:
"At present, we are seeing a number of big films moving their release dates, due to the global situation.. Once we have full clarity on the film schedule, we will confirm our opening plans. We are expecting this to be early August but will update everyone once the situation becomes clearer.
We are working hard to ensure that we deliver a great experience to you and as you would expect, we have put in place a number of measures to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and teams and will be communicating these shortly." - The Light Cinema
The Showroom will also be pushing it's opening date back, with aims to reopen in September.
Ian Wild, CEO had this to say:
"We've been working hard devising seating plans, queuing systems and additional staffing rotas to increase cleaning routines. However, until we are sure we can operate safely, our doors will remain closed.
"At the moment, we have pencilled mid-September as a date to re-open, and are in discussions with film distributors to make sure we have some fantastic films to show. "