- Festival of the Outdoors: (throughout March) A month-long celebration of all things outdoors. Keep your eyes peeled on the Sheffield City Centre website for our full Festival of the Outdoors Guide.
- British Para-Swimming International Championships (6-12 Apr) Held at Sheffield City Centre's Ponds Forge, watch some of the world's top paralympic swimmers compete in the fourth leg of the World Para Swimming World Series.
- World Snooker Championship (18 Apr-4 May) Hosted by the Crucible Theatre since 1977, the World Snooker Championship returns to Sheffield City Centre.
- Sheffield Food Festival (22-25 May) Taking over the Peace Gardens for a whole weekend, tantalise your tastebuds at Sheffield city centre's celebration of culinary creativity.
- DocFest (4-9 Jun) Screening works by filmmakers from across the world, the Sheffield DocFest is a must-see event for any film fanatic.
- Let’s Ride (7 Jun) Huge traffic-free cycling event through Sheffield City Centre, featuring music, street food and entertainment.
- Round Sheffield Run (27 Jun) Soak up the Sheffield scenary at this unique, multi-stage running event.
- Cliffhanger (11-12 Jul) Once again, Sheffield City Centre is transformed into a giant playground, with free events and activities across city centre locations, including the British Bouldering Championships.
- Sheffield Grand Prix (8 Jul) Head to Sheffield City Centre to see some of the country's top professional cyclists compete in a race through the city.
- British Summer Swimming Championships (21-26 Jul) Head to Ponds Forge for the British Summer Swimming Championships, as some of Britain's best swimmers go head to head.
- Sheffield by the Seaside (Jul-Aug) Once again, the Peace Gardens in Sheffield City Centre is transformed into a seaside spectaular! Complete with Helter Skelter, sand pit and carnival games.
- Bears of Sheffield (1 July - 30 Sep) After the fundraising success of the Herd of Sheffield, the Bears of Sheffield will see sculptures dotted around Sheffield City Centre. Can you find them all?
- Swim England National Summer Championships (27 Jul-1 Aug) Talented swimmers from across the country join for this premier sporting event at Ponds Forge.
- Tramlines Festival (31 Jul-2 Aug) Attracting visitors from all over the country, enjoy the award winning festival. With stages throughout the city, Tramlines is one of Sheffield's highlights of the year.
- The Fringe at Tramlines (1-2 Aug) The Fringe takes over Devonshire Green, Barkers Pool and the Peace Gardens, plus pubs and venues throughout the city, for the first weekend of August.
- Festival of the Mind (17-27 Sep) University of Sheffield team up with the city's creative and digital community for a celebration of culture, ideas and creativitity.
- Sheffield 10k (27 Sep) Run along the Sheffield City Centre for the Jane Tomlinson Run For All Sheffield 10K.
- Sensoria (27 Sep-5 Oct) The UK’s festival of film, music and digital returns to Sheffield.
- Off the Shelf (1-31) One of the largest literary festivals in the UK, the yearly event hosts events, talks and readings from the literary world.
- Out of This World (25) Dress up at this spooky city centre event celebrating all things otherworldy. Expect sci-fi, magic, horror, fantasty and everything inbetween.
- Christmas Lights Switch On (15 Nov) Live performance, rides and activities as thousands gather for the annual Christmas Lights Switch On.
- After his enchanting Christmas Trail last year, Brearely Bear returns throughout the festive period for more activities.
- Swim England National Winter Meet (17-20 Dec) The country's best swimmers will take their final dive of the year at Ponds Forge.
- Fargate Christmas Market will be selling all the festive treats and gifts until Christmas Eve. With handmade gifts, global food and Santa's Grotto, a visit to Sheffield City Centre's Christmas Markets is a sure fire way to feel festive.
Have an event you want us to add? Get in touch at email@example.com